Pagan Packs welcomes written article submissions for our monthly newsletter which is sent out to interested customers and business owners as well as to post on our website. We are looking for articles which would be of interest to small and individual business owners, many of whom deal solely in online commerce. We also seek articles of interest to those who follow a goddess-centered or earth-centered spirituality path such as paganism, Wicca, heathen, or other paths.
We will publish these articles in our newsletter, and if the author grants the rights, on our website in an article library. Newsletters will be archived through our newsletter system.
We seek articles between 500-3500 words. Longer articles may be accepted; however, we may choose to publish them over multiple newsletters. Articles need to be the original work of the author, and we prefer work which hasn’t been published elsewhere for at least 90 days. If work has been published elsewhere, please query us with the publishing history and the article.
Our primary needs:
1) Business articles for the single-person business or small business owner. We welcome articles on all aspects of running a small business, such as websites, marketing, social media, and other business-related topics.
2) Articles for pagans, Wiccans, heathens, and other earth-centered and goddess-centered spirituality followers. These are more general articles aimed at our members’ customer bases. Articles may cover everything from the seasons, deities, general topics, to crafts, recipes, and more.
To submit your work, please email packs(a)paganpacks.com with the subject line of NEWSLETTER SUBMISSION: Article Title. Please include the full article as a .doc or .rtf file, as well as your bio and any logo or photograph you’d like to include. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
The important parts of our publishing agreement:
1) We print your work in our newsletter, and if you grant permission, our website.
2) We cannot pay, but we will include your bio (up to 150 words) and any links you provide (up to three) so that readers will know where to find you and your additional works.
3) We ask that your work not be published elsewhere for six months, but then you’re free to republish the work.
If you would like more details about our agreement, the exact terms are below. While we do not have our entire sample publishing agreement online, our agreement does ask that the author agree to the following things:
1) The work is the complete and total original work of the author and no copyright has been infringed upon. All work not originated by the author has been properly credited to the best of the author’s ability.
2) The work has not been published elsewhere, including blogs, websites, or other magazines or ‘zines, within the last ninety (90) days and is not currently published anywhere.
3) Author will not publish this work with anyone else, including websites, blogs, or other magazines or ‘zines, for six months past the date of publication as listed by the newsletter date or the published date on the website, whichever is earlier.
4) After six months from publication, author is free to publish the work elsewhere, though author remains aware that we will archive the work within our website and newsletter archives, and due to the nature of online publication cannot withdraw the article from publication.
5) If after a year from publication the author wishes the article to be removed from our website, we will accommodate this request to the best of our ability. We cannot, however, break up prior newsletter issues and we have no control over any internet archiving purposes (such as Google Cache).
6) Author will receive no monetary compensation for this article. Authors are welcome to include one photo and a biography with related links at the end of each article.
7) This work will be published in electronic format only, which is available free of charge.
If prospective authors have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you!